Saturday, November 1, 2008

10K Baby!

That's right. I did it! I finally ran something other than a 5k. Me and my awesome workout buddy Nicole ran it together. We have been spinning, running and lifting weights together for the past three months. I can't say I have much to show for all of it except ENDURANCE. I was really surprised at how much I have improved with my endurance the last few months. I was a little nervous going into it, but ended up feeling great during the whole race. I am really starting to enjoy running and it feels good be accomplishing the goals I have set for myself. Our goals this race weren't too lofty. They were 1. finish 2. not walk 3. not be in last place :) And we accomplished all three no problem! We even ended up passing a bunch of wussy Army guys in their 20's who were walking. That was a nice confidence boost. Now that I know I can do this, I can work on improving my time and my pacing. Thanks for the motivation Nicole! It was so fun. On to the next race!

19 comments:

Kate, Brian and Hazel said...

Way to go sis! I told you...no problem. Any specific beats that got you through? Now it's time for the big half-marathon. Oh i really miss running! It's so therapeutic. I am proud of you:)
xoxo

Nicole said...

Don't thank me -- you are the one who kept me from wussing out and blaming it on my stomach flu! We SO smoked those lazy Army dudes...wait...maybe they looked behind them and saw how hot we were and decided to let us past so they could watch our fannies...
If that's the case, they got what they deserved:)
(P.S. I am going to steal your picture from the blog -- I think it's better than the ones I got)

Nicole said...

P.P.S. Could I have a more gigantic face? Good gravy...

The Galan Family said...

Our faces are the exact same size! I am just shorter. Just click on the pic and compare.

Brandi said...

Wow, good job! I'm impressed. I can't run 10 feet.

Alexis said...

Wow, that's awesome. I need to start exercising more! To answer your comment, we are still in Virginia. I only went home for week or so. And, we will be moving to New Mexico in February. I am glad that you are doing so good!

Crystal said...

Go you! I'm so impressed.

Bastianclan said...

Wow Sara that is wonderful. Congrats on doing all three goals. That is wonderful. I don't know if I could ever run a
10K. Congrats again!!!!!

Molly said...

so so proud.

Lucy said...

Do you know the next race distance??? IT'S A MARATHON>>>>>>> Oh wait, a HALF, you better get on it before you get prego!!

Shilae said...

Congratulations! I still haven't done a 5K, and here you are setting the standard even higher! I'm so impressed,and you look great, and I'm motivated to start working out harder.

Monique said...

You are my hero! I remember all our 5ks together. You rock! I was thinking about doing a half marathon with a lady here on the compound, but we'll see how that pans out... Wanna come and run it with me??? :)

Linds said...

Awesome Sarah, but I've got to ask...when do you find the time to run with 3 kids and Perry being gone? I guess I'm just full of excuses of why it's not a good time. I need your tips and inspiration!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! I am way impressed. You look great!

Sylwia said...

wow, good job. you will have to do the marine mud challenge in the spring. i did it with a bunch of ladies in the ward and we had a blast!

Emily said...

Sarah, you are awesome! Congrats on a huge accomplishment! Hope all is going well.

Des said...

HOORAY! I am so proud of you!! That is big. I am very jealous but so excited that you reached that goal. That has to feel awesome. Keep it up and you will be on your way to your Marathon! I'm rooting for you:)

SheL said...

Good job Sarah... that is AWESOME! I guess I just need to keep going until I can actually reach the point when I don't hate running with a passion =)

Angela said...

You're incredible! Wait, incredible means unbelievable. I BELIEVE it. You're so lucky that your body lets you do that to it. I used to run 5ks in my teens & 20's but now I'm arthritic. You're so great! Running is so mental and you've clearly got a strong mind.