Friday, January 23, 2009

Holiday Recap

Okay, I know I have neglected the blog for far too long and now it is overwhelming for me to try and catch up on everything we've done the past couple months. But, I will attempt to do so anyway.

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Just having Perry home was enough for me. The kids are still happy to have him home too. All the kids got bikes this year and no, we did not get Abby Butterscotch the giant stuffed pony. Thanks to everyone who weighed in on my dilemma and gave me good explanations for Abby. She was fine with the gifts she received and all was well. Phew!

Don't be deceived by all the presents. There are actually no presents under the tree. They are all in front of the tree. :)

After Christmas we left for Utah for a visit with family and my youngest sister Laura's wedding. The wedding was beautiful and very elegant. It was so great to see extended family and to have our immediate family together for the occasion.

Aren't they so cute and in love?

These are all the sisters of Ben & Laura and a couple of Laura's close friends. Not a very good picture, but you get the idea.

The little girls in their cute red dresses. Of course getting any of them to look at the camera is nearly impossible and Avery was not cooperating in the least.

All the brothas and brothas in-law: Perry, Daniel, Brian B, Brian C, & Adam

This was the beautiful view from the wedding dinner at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.

Me and my handsome buddy Andrew

My parents

Little Avery conked out at the wedding dinner. Something to do with still being on eastern time.

I took this picture because this is where Perry spent half the trip. (in one of my parent's bathrooms) What started out as a simple replacement of hardware and fixtures, turned into a huge project, but he got the job done as usual because he's handy like that. Ignore the box of tampons.

While we were there Perry presented his dad with a shadow box that displays his military awards from his 21-year career in the Marine Corps. Perry has been working on this for months and was very excited along with his siblings to finally give it to him.

The four sistas : Molly, me, Laura, Kate

I was able to meet up with three of my very best high school friends. Lisa, Sarah & Annie. We had so much fun talking and catching up at one of my favorite restaurants, The Dodo. Thanks for coming girls! It was so great to finally all be together again.

Kickin' it New Year's Eve in Provo yo!

The kids had a ball with their cousins. We actually let our kids stay up on New Years Eve. A mistake we paid for for three days.

Look at these cute cousins. We are missing Ruby who didn't want to cooperate ;)
Abby got a much-needed haircut while we were there. We call it "classic Abby"

All in all it was a great trip filled with visits to our favorite places to shop and eat in Salt Lake and Provo. We also spent a couple nights at Perry's sister Phyliss' house and had a great time. The kids enjoyed going to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum twice and the ever-popular Jungle Jim's. It was so wonderful to see everyone and spend quality time with our family. We love you and miss you already!

10 comments:

Laura Hunter said...

yay! its about time you blogged abut my wedding....sort of ha ha. i love the pics! perry got some really good ones! i just started a blog! bennandlaura.blogspot.com it might be a while before it looks decent though. miss you!

Crystal said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! I missed you!

What a fun holiday season. Did Perry have to sell his poop to pay for that trip? XD Okay, gross, sorry.

SheL said...

I enjoyed the update and all the cute pictures! I LOVE the picture of Perry and the kids on the couch =) You look SO SO good Sarah! Talk to you soon.

Monique said...

Hi babe! It's good to see/hear from you and that you had a great time at the SBW as well. What a fun past couple of months you have had. Love your hair. Don't you just LOVE Utah hair cuts? Seriously. They are awesome. I am scared to go back to get my hair cut again after the chop they gave me. . . yikes! Abby is adorable and looks so much like you with that short hair.

Jessica said...

1. You and your sisters are all so beautiful.

2. Your mom looks WAY too young to be a grandma. Seriously, though.

3. I'm so glad your hubby is BACK! It takes a while to wear off, doesn't it?

Molly said...

Yay, a post finally! Good recap. That pic of Perry on the couch with the kids is so cute.

Sell his poop??????????????

the ohana said...

I love the pix. I've been waiting for you to update. The Claflin ladies are all gorgeous, especially your Mom and best wishes to Laura and hubby!!.. We can't wait to see you guys in March(?)!

Weir Family said...

As always Sarah you are soooo photogenic!!! It looks like you had a wonderful trip, I just wish we could have crossed paths in Utah. I love the "classic Abby" I can't believe how big they are all getting.

Emily said...

Sarah, I'm so glad you are back! All of your photos are beautiful and you look great! Glad you had a fun time and am only a little envious you guys got to hang out without me!

Linds said...

great pics sarah, love the wedding ones especially, you all look so beautiful!